The Children’s Village President and CEO Dr. Jeremy Kohomban testified before the NYC Council’s Committee on Juvenile Justice on September 21. Citing research and frontline experience, his testimony highlighted the critical need for family engagement to the long-term success of youth involved with the justice system. Dr. Kohomban concluded with three specific recommendations. More Info
The CVLC in the Press: Our work has recently been mentioned in a few articles. Click below to see what we’ve been up to.
Who We Are: We are young professionals working in the greater NYC area interested in supporting at-risk youth in the pursuit of success. While we grow and advance in our careers we want to make a difference in the lives of children and families through our time and resources. The Leadership Council is an opportunity to expand our networks and experiences all while touching the lives of those who need it most.
Mission Statement: To serve as a fundraising and volunteer group that targets specific areas of need for the children and families of The Children’s Village (CV).The Council works to finance projects and to organize hands-on volunteer events, thereby filling the need for additional funds and for committed individuals that make a significant impact. In doing so, we promote CV and its greater mission of helping struggling children and their families in becoming productive, independent citizens.
- Attend 4 business meetings per year
- Participate in 4 annual Volunteer and/or Fundraising Events
- Contribute to an annual fundraising campaign of $50,000
- Hold an officer position or serve on a subcommittee
Recent Leadership Council Projects:
- Back-to-School fundraiser to purchase 200 backpacks for low-income children
- Sponsoring the Christmas Wishes of 16 boys from Butler Cottage
- Serving Thanksgiving Dinner to 400 residents of a Public Housing Project
- Taking on CV’s boys for a day of softball & BBQ
To support the Leadership Council’s work throughout the year you can make a secure donation by visiting our donations page. If you’re interested in getting involved contact our Membership Co-Chairs, Rob Sorrentino and Andrea Tulcin.