The winners of the New York Community Trust-New York Magazine Nonprofit Excellence Awards were announced yesterday to a crowd of approximately 300 funders, nonprofits, and industry experts. The Gold Winner in Overall Management Excellence is The Children’s Village, which will receive a $30,000 prize plus scholarships worth $14,000 for staff More Info
In the right environment and with appropriate supports, every child has the potential to make his or her life happy, fulfilling and socially constructive. By helping children reach their highest levels of achievement, we not only build a sound foundation for their futures, but for our own as well.
With this goal in mind, The Children’s Village serves thousands of children and family members throughout the Southern New York state area and certain international programs that include:
- Evidence-based programs that prevent troubled teens from re-arrest or the needing for out-of-home care.
- Runaway and homeless shelters that keep teens safe and off the streets and provide them with a support network.
- Family support programs that significantly improve the success rate for family reunifications from foster care.
- Supported housing for homeless teens that help them avoid long-term dependency on social services.
- Innovative programs for children with serious emotional, developmental, and medical problems.
Click here for a Quick Look view at all of CV Programs.
Click here to learn more about The Children’s Village’s achievements and program outcomes.