The Children’s Village is pleased to announce that its merger with Inwood House, a 186-year-old New York City charity specializing in pregnant and parenting teens and pregnancy prevention, was finalized December 31, 2016. “We are delighted to welcome the Inwood House staff and programs into the CV family,” said Jeremy More Info
Young Professionals Supporting At-Risk Youth
Who We Are: We are young professionals working in the greater NYC area interested in supporting at-risk youth in the pursuit of success. While we grow and advance in our careers, we want to make a difference in the lives of children and families through our time and resources. The Leadership Council is an opportunity to expand our networks and experiences, all while touching the lives of those who need it most.
Mission Statement: To serve as a fundraising and volunteer group that targets specific areas of need for the children and families of The Children’s Village (CV). The Council works to finance projects and to organize hands-on volunteer events, thereby filling the need for additional funds and for committed individuals that make a significant impact. In doing so, we promote CV and its greater mission of helping struggling children and their families in becoming productive, independent citizens.
- Attend four business meetings per year
- Participate in four annual volunteer and/or fundraising events
- Contribute to an annual fundraising campaign of $50,000
- Hold an officer position or serve on a subcommittee
Recent Leadership Council Projects:
- Back-to-School fundraiser to purchase 200 backpacks for low-income children
- Sponsoring the Christmas wishes of 16 boys from Butler Cottage
- Serving Thanksgiving Dinner to 400 residents living in public housing
- Taking CV’s boys for a day of softball & BBQ
To support the Leadership Council’s work throughout the year, make a secure donation by visiting our donations page. If you’re interested in getting involved, contact our Membership Co-Chairs, Andrea Tulcin and Rose Harper.
The CVLC in the Press: Our work has been mentioned in a few articles recently. Click below to see what we’ve been up to.
Younger Generation Invigorates Outreach
Kids from Children’s Village Attend their first Jets Game
Featured in the Alliance for Children and Families Magazine